May 12, 2024, 05:30:00 am

News:

This Forum is an Extension of the Old Delray Website www.Old-Delray.com

Hungarian Language and more

Started by MagyarMan, October 11, 2009, 08:52:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MagyarMan

As remembered by Bob Takacs:

If anyone else wants something interpreted forward them to either the Reformed church or the Culture center where they also have hungarian school. I don't get to use the language very often and I've forgotten many words and meanings but thanks to my dictionary I get recall. I really only learned the language by going to summer classes at the Reformed church on Thaddeus then the Verhovay on Jefferson at the Magyar Haz then the Reformed church on Vanderbilt and also at home. I still have my reading book from Verhovay. I got an award there for being the best student and my cousin won for the girls. It was an white gold V pin. How come you didn't move to someplace down river to be closer to the ethnic way of life. I always looked in the phone books for hungarian named people wherever I got stationed in the Military. I met some hunkies when in Japan. One was an Oceanogrqapher from Massachusetts who was working in Java and was in Tokyo for a seminar and then a family caught there in the war he was a professional photographer and she owned Irene's Restaurant Hungaria on the ginza in Tokyo. Then when in Germany in Munich the trainer for our ball club was a hunky. We ran around together till I got transferred to Wiesbaden where again I met a couple of hunkies who drove the delivery truck for the Air Force messhall. My buddy the Mess Sergeant had them bring me food stuffs to my quarters in the housing area. They took me to an outing where other hunkies were and I danced the csardas and had some drinks with them I felt bad when I had to come home as I enjoyed it there, While working at Fords I met a lot of hunkies from Europe and a few were former olympians. One a wrestler, one won the javelin and was related to muscle man Mickey Hargitay. Don't mind me it feels good to chit chat so I'll stop for now and hope to hear from you. Bob

buehler740

I have found a translator that I use to talk with family in Hungary it works pretty good to, try it
http://imtranslator.com/default.asp :)

Quote from: MagyarMan on October 11, 2009, 08:52:21 pm
As remembered by Bob Takacs:

If anyone else wants something interpreted forward them to either the Reformed church or the Culture center where they also have hungarian school. I don't get to use the language very often and I've forgotten many words and meanings but thanks to my dictionary I get recall. I really only learned the language by going to summer classes at the Reformed church on Thaddeus then the Verhovay on Jefferson at the Magyar Haz then the Reformed church on Vanderbilt and also at home. I still have my reading book from Verhovay. I got an award there for being the best student and my cousin won for the girls. It was an white gold V pin. How come you didn't move to someplace down river to be closer to the ethnic way of life. I always looked in the phone books for hungarian named people wherever I got stationed in the Military. I met some hunkies when in Japan. One was an Oceanogrqapher from Massachusetts who was working in Java and was in Tokyo for a seminar and then a family caught there in the war he was a professional photographer and she owned Irene's Restaurant Hungaria on the ginza in Tokyo. Then when in Germany in Munich the trainer for our ball club was a hunky. We ran around together till I got transferred to Wiesbaden where again I met a couple of hunkies who drove the delivery truck for the Air Force messhall. My buddy the Mess Sergeant had them bring me food stuffs to my quarters in the housing area. They took me to an outing where other hunkies were and I danced the csardas and had some drinks with them I felt bad when I had to come home as I enjoyed it there, While working at Fords I met a lot of hunkies from Europe and a few were former olympians. One a wrestler, one won the javelin and was related to muscle man Mickey Hargitay. Don't mind me it feels good to chit chat so I'll stop for now and hope to hear from you. Bob