May 12, 2024, 08:39:00 pm

News:

This Forum is an Extension of the Old Delray Website www.Old-Delray.com

ancestry

Started by pal, August 06, 2010, 12:53:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pal

August 06, 2010, 12:53:51 pm Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 12:59:08 pm by pal
I've been searching my family ancestry and am so happy to have found this site!

I'm not sure for how long, but my parents, Andrew and Eleanor Hajnos lived at 9118 Portland Street (in the 1940's).  My mothers parents, Joseph and Stella Fibech lived on Home Street, and my grandmother, Anna Hajnos/Kacerik lived on Sloan Street. I was told at one time Anna Kacerik lived across the street from Holy Cross Catholic Church in Delray. My mothers funeral was held at St. John Cantius Church and my father is buried in Woodmere Cemetary.

I have been searching and searching for the names of those streets and couldn't find them ANYWHERE until I came upon this website.

In my ancestry search, I've been successfull at www.ancestry.com (the ship manifest my grandfather came to this country on is in thier database, and they also had the 1930 census which listed my mothers family). I would also like to recommend the Ellis Island site for anyone looking for genealogy research.

This site has given me another piece of the puzzle that fits.  

:)

Nancy McCoy

Hi ,saw what you posted was from last August of 2010.... so have you received all your Family background? I am the great niece of Uncle Andy... so have any questions contact me ....

pal

Hi,
So far I've only traced as far back as my grandfather, on my fathers side, who came to America in the early 1900's from Szendro, Hungary.  If you have ancestry that goes back further, let me know, and thanks in advance.