May 13, 2024, 09:47:46 am

News:

This Forum is an Extension of the Old Delray Website www.Old-Delray.com

Irene Leleszi's memory of Delray

Started by MagyarMan, April 03, 2014, 02:03:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MagyarMan

Posted on behalf of: Irene Mary leleszi
Hello  First and formost let me introduce myself.  My name is Irene Mary leleszi proud to be a First generation Hungarian. My parents lived on Waterman before moving to Inglis. My parents did not allow us to speak English because my dear Nagymama only knew Hungarian .we were active members of the Hungarian Church.     My Dear edes mother is still a member at 97. Now I am a proud Nagymama.  And teaching my grandchildren  Hungarian. My father worked at Fords from age 14 till his death.  And he said the greatest gift to my self and brothers was education.   And we did my self a now retired nurse after 46 years and brothers who practiced medicine and tought  others. Our friends were our cousins  and family. Sunday was Church, tending and  watering the graves at Woodmeir and then visiting  Aunts/Uncles.  ....some how we were all related because our parents knew the family or grandparents from the villages in Hungary. The aunts and uncles are all passed but the memories and etched deeply in our hearts. Thank you for your site I  truly enjoyed reading all.     Sincerely ireneki M  Leleszi.        My email is      Imb_729@msn.com