• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 12, 2024, 10:37:59 am

News:

This Forum is an Extension of the Old Delray Website www.Old-Delray.com

Recent posts

Pages1 2 3 ... 10
Church's / Does anyone have information o...
Last post by miro.blahut@yahoo.co.uk - January 30, 2018, 11:06:09 am
Hi, I am looking for any information on Slovak Lutheran congregation in Delray between the years 1910 and 1920. While the congregation still exists and moved to Taylor some years ago ( http://www.ourredeemertaylor.com/history.html ) I would like to find information on members of the congregation at that time which would not be kept by the church. I know that the congregation used to take photographs of certain events and it would be great to see these.
Also, I have attached a picture of a badge or some kind of insignia member used to wear on their coats and I would like to know more about it.
The pastor at that time was Rev. Andrew Daniel and again, any information about him or his family would be appreciated.
Church's / Re: First Hungarian Lutheran C...
Last post by miro.blahut@yahoo.co.uk - January 30, 2018, 10:55:49 am
Not sure about the church on Thaddeus but the church on the corner of Dearborn and Burdeno was Slovak Evangelical Lutheran Church - http://www.ourredeemertaylor.com/history.html Bear in mind that the name of church changed several times over the years.
Final Resting Place / Looking for anyone who has a p...
Last post by miro.blahut@yahoo.co.uk - January 30, 2018, 08:51:32 am
Looking for anyone who has a picture of Frank A. Pinkos funeral home on West Jefferson or Mr. Pinkos himself from around 1920. I am trying to identify the building where my great-great-grandfather's funeral in 1920 took place.
People / Looking for anyone who remembe...
Last post by Gaydos - November 03, 2017, 06:18:45 pm
Hi, My great-grandparents John and Anna Gaydos, grandparents and father's family lived in Delray. My great-grandfather came here in 1907, bringing his wife and children in 1912. I'm looking for anyone who remembers Gaydos, Tancsiar, Veracsko or Bencat families.
Stores / Looking for information about ...
Last post by NinaC - August 27, 2017, 06:13:47 pm
 My great grand parents owned a shop in DelRay on West Jefferson (I think 8700) and I am looking to find the exact location and be able to learn more about it. I have been told it was directly next door to a funeral home and across the street from Zug Island. I am also told it was near the the Scott paper factory and close to Joeys Stables. My great grand parents names are John and Anna Navoy. They owned it for a number of years from my understanding, but can only guess during the mid to late 50's. I believe it was called John Navoy Market and Meat.  If anyone remembers anything, it would be greatley appreciated.
The Way We Were.... / Hungarian Ways
Last post by Fülöp - May 31, 2017, 12:15:08 pm
From what I was told, my grandmother (who I believe was 100% Hungarian) didn't like boys. She would let my sister go over to her house but never me. Is this a Hungarian cultural thing or was it just my grandmother doing this because it was me? You won't hurt my feelings if you tell me like it is.
People / Looking for information on Vin...
Last post by Fülöp - May 31, 2017, 12:11:54 pm
I am trying to piece together my Hungarian roots and was hoping that someone may have information about my great grandparents (or maybe find some long lost family). My great grandparents names are Vincent and Mary Domos and I know they lived on Keller St in the 1930s (my great grandfather died in 1933) and my great grandmother died in January 1967 (less than a month before I was born).
Church's / Will Holy Cross give out decea...
Last post by Fülöp - May 31, 2017, 12:08:23 pm
I am trying to research my Hungarian roots and was wondering if anyone knows if Holy Cross (if that is where they went to church) will give out any parish records on deceased members? I know when my great grandparents lived and when they died, where they are buried and was hoping maybe the church had records to help me figure out where they were born, and other stuff like that.

Thanks,

Phil
Church's / Closed Hungarian Church
Last post by Fülöp - May 31, 2017, 12:04:32 pm
Hello,
My great grandparents (Vincent and Mary Domos) lived in Delray on Keller Street (the house no longer exists) and I am trying to find out more about them (I don't know anything about the Hungarian side of my family). I know that Holy Cross is a couple of blocks away from their house but I also know that there is another Hungarian Church right down the street from Holy Cross. Does anyone know the name and/or history of this church? I know both my great grandparents were born in Hungary (don't know where) and I am not sure if they were Roman Catholic or not.

Thank you,

Phil
This is beautiful!
Pages1 2 3 ... 10