• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 20, 2024, 01:10:38 pm

News:

This Forum is an Extension of the Old Delray Website www.Old-Delray.com

Searching for Farkas Relatives

Started by CorenFarkas, July 12, 2011, 01:58:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

CorenFarkas

It is so wonderful to read everyone's memories of Delray! I am searching for any information about Farkas families from the Delray, Wayne County, Belleville areas. My family separated in 1956 and I was put up for adoption at 8-months-old. My birth name is Coren Dee Farkas; born 1955. I know that I have a sister who was born in 1954. My parents were married very young...my Irish mother was 15, and my Hungarian Farkas Father was 17. My father would have been born around 1936 or 1937.

I am eager to connect with any of my relatives or to hear any memories from residents of Old Delray about Farkas families. It is my understanding that my grandparents/parents lived in Delray...and may have moved to Belleville, MI.

Thank you so much. Keep writing your memories of Delray...they are magical! 

C. Farkas
Coren Farkas

MagyarMan

Quote from: CorenFarkas on July 12, 2011, 01:58:07 am
It is so wonderful to read everyone's memories of Delray! I am searching for any information about Farkas families from the Delray, Wayne County, Belleville areas. My family separated in 1956 and I was put up for adoption at 8-months-old. My birth name is Coren Dee Farkas; born 1955. I know that I have a sister who was born in 1954. My parents were married very young...my Irish mother was 15, and my Hungarian Farkas Father was 17. My father would have been born around 1936 or 1937.

I am eager to connect with any of my relatives or to hear any memories from residents of Old Delray about Farkas families. It is my understanding that my grandparents/parents lived in Delray...and may have moved to Belleville, MI.

Thank you so much. Keep writing your memories of Delray...they are magical! 

C. Farkas

Maybe this will help you with your family search. Good Luck!

The 1930 US Census Project Concludes at FamilySearch.org

Filed in FamilySearch on Jul.11, 2011
Listen to this article. Powered by Odiogo.com

The following News Release was received from Paul Nauta at FamilySearch.org:

Volunteers Consider Options for Next Projects

The 1930 U.S. Census indexing project will be completed this month. This enhanced index will be a great benefit to online patrons. We will now start many new U.S. projects for volunteers to consider. We are working toward building a nationwide marriage index. There are several already underway, and many new marriage projects are coming. We also started a Civil War era initiative recently that will include record collections expanding before and after the Civil War that will help researchers identify their Civil War era ancestors. We're also adding some fun emigration projects (passenger lists, naturalization records).

See the lists below for the newest additions and status of other projects and invite friends, family, and colleagues to help out on projects of interest. Of course completed projects will be searchable for free at www.FamilySearch.org.