May 12, 2024, 10:23:39 am

News:

This Forum is an Extension of the Old Delray Website www.Old-Delray.com

Last of the Originals

Started by MagyarMan, March 01, 2010, 12:33:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MagyarMan

As remembered by Bob Takacs:
Hi my friend and just a few lines about us original Delray born. It won't be too much longer that all us first born in Delray will no longer be. It's hard to believe that me and others are first born in America hungarians and when we are gone the customs, language etc will slowly fade away due to mixed nationality marriages. I am so glad that I was able to supply you with some of  the heritage details etc and only hope those who see it will realize what they missed by abandoning Delray.

MagyarMan

Quote from: MagyarMan on March 01, 2010, 12:33:22 pm
As remembered by Bob Takacs:
Hi my friend and just a few lines about us original Delray born. It won't be too much longer that all us first born in Delray will no longer be. It's hard to believe that me and others are first born in America hungarians and when we are gone the customs, language etc will slowly fade away due to mixed nationality marriages. I am so glad that I was able to supply you with some of  the heritage details etc and only hope those who see it will realize what they missed by abandoning Delray.

Yes, my friend, you are the last of a dying breed. Those people who experienced Delray when it was a thriving and vibrant community before urban blight in the name of progress strangled Delray into obscurity. When you share your memories, you honor the lives of those who came before you. This make them inmortal. I get many e-Mails from people of my generation thanking me for the Old Delray website because it puts them in touch with the stories as they heard it from their deceased family members. As long as people remember and tell the stories, Delray will live forever. My roots and passion run deep into Old Delray. The people did not abandon Delray, Detroit abandoned Delray, and the people had no choice but to relocate. They were uprooted by circumstances beyond their control. The stage had been set for their exodus. As long as people choose to remember, Delray will live forever. It's beauty will never fade or be tarnished by the ravages of time. In the end, we will return once more as the gates of Woodmere Cemetery swing open to give sanctuary  to those who once called Old Delray home, "Once Upon A Time". I know now for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for me.

buehler740

There are many people that are not in Delray anymore but many family trees and the laungauge is there and many roots come right back here to delray so here is my family site and I am connected to Hungary now with family as well corse I need a translator anymore but still works, eveyone come to the tree, start one and I bet many of us will meet right back here in Delray here is my tree people ask me about people from Delray as well http://www.myheritage.com/site-112096051/lakatos :)

MagyarMan

Quote from: buehler740 on April 21, 2010, 03:29:37 pm
There are many people that are not in Delray anymore but many family trees and the laungauge is there and many roots come right back here to delray so here is my family site and I am connected to Hungary now with family as well corse I need a translator anymore but still works, eveyone come to the tree, start one and I bet many of us will meet right back here in Delray here is my tree people ask me about people from Delray as well http://www.myheritage.com/site-112096051/lakatos :)

I looked over your family history and found it very interesting. My grandparents and parents must have known each other in Delray. My one set of grandparents also lived right behind the tower on Graham street.